Cross Heart Kirtan kriya
Breaks Addictions and Habits
Whatever you need at the moment, it will readjust and align you to bring balance into your mind and thus your life. It is a catalyst for change because it is a very powerful spiritual cleanser.
The power of this mantra comes from the fact that it rearranges the subconscious mind at the most elementary level.
It has the power to break habits and addictions because it accesses the level of the mind where habits are created.
- Stimulates the nerve endings in the fingertips
- balancing the right and left hemispheres of the brain.
- This positively changes your habits
- and works through insecurities.
Practice: for 11 to 31 minutes.
- Sit straight in a chair or cross legged on the floor.
- Cross forearms below the wrist and hold them in front of the chest with the arms out slightly.
- Palms are face up and slightly turned toward the chest.
- Look a the tip of the nose.
Recite the mantra aloud.
“SA TA NA MA” (the a’s sound like “a” in “father.”)
The words SA TA NA MA are component parts of the mantra “Sat Nam,” which means Truth is my identity.
As you recite each syllable, touch the thumbs to each fingertip, starting with the index finger:
“SA” – Index finger
“TA” – Middle finger
“NA” – Ring finger
“MA” – Little finger
Continue repeating the sequence always starting with the index finger.
The pace between each movement is approximately 1 second per fingertip.
- inhale, hold the breath for a few seconds,
- focus the eyes upward,
- exhale and relax.