This is an excellent preparation for deep meditation.
”I call this the ”Easy Set” because four of the five exercises are done lying down! It is one of the earliest sets Yogi Bhajan taught in Los Angeles (February 13, 1969). A Valentine´s Day Gift perhaps?”
Shakti Parwha Kaur Khalsa
Breathe very powerfully as you do the exercises so that you can
- Increase your lung capacity
- Eliminate toxins from your system
- Make your ”beauty gland” secrete
- work on your eyesight
Center yourself with three deep inhalations and exhalations (or by chanting Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo).
1. Lying on Back. Hands behind the neck in Venus lock under hair. a) Legs spread 3 feet apart. Breath of Fire for 2-3 minutes. Inhale; raise legs up to 60 degrees, keeping them apart. Hold 20 seconds. Exhale, slowly down (10 seconds). B) Repeat.
This increases lung capacity.
2. Lying on Back. Press knees against chest. Interlace fingers over knees. Nose into knees. Breath of Fire 30 seconds to 1 minute.
This is working with the ”Apana Vayu”, the eliminating force which takes away everything not required by the body (toxins).
3. Sit Up. Legs stretched on floor on front. Arms bracing from behind, lean back 60 degrees. Eyes open, steady, tilt neck back, look at ceiling. Try not to wink or blink. Let eyes water. Breath of Fire 1-2 minutes. Inhale, hold briefly.
Makes thyroid secrete. Works on skin, complexion, outward appearance and eyesight. Also works on headaches.
4. Lying on Back. Inhale and stretch from shoulders, raising hands to ceiling, stretch the fingers and make fists. Bend elbows, bringing fists slowly into chest, then exhale. Repeat a total of 3 times. Use great tension in the creation of fists and in the arms.
5. Lying on Back. Arms at sides. Breath of Fire for 1 minute. Inhale, raise waistline (make an arc of the body), keep shoulder and feet flat on the ground. Hold briefly, exhale down.
6. Corpse Pose. Relax.
“Your shallowness or greatness of the soul shows up in your aura.”
~ Yogi Bhajan
In the Kundalini Yoga tradition, the electromagnetic field that surrounds the human being is recognized as a chakra. Through this center of consciousness, we can easily experience realms beyond the physical body. The eighth chakra combines the effects and holds the powers of all the other energetic centers. Once we begin to integrate all our chakras, the aura fully radiates to protect and project us. Kundalini Yoga, as taught by Yogi Bhajan, thoroughly works to bring balance and strength to our entire system of energetic highways as well as the aura.
The Aura is the psychic field of energy surrounding all beings, human or otherwise. It´s size can vary from a few inches to many feet in all directions. It is associated with the health of the physical body, and all the organs impact the strength and the size of the aura. It includes and is impacted by all the elements, and its colors vary and change depending upon the mental, emotional and physical states.
As humans, we are gifted with the ability to strengthen and fine tune our own field. We can use a variety of Kundalini Yoga techniques to easily increase the expansiveness of our eighth chakra. Our aura provides protection against disease and negative environmental influences while also projecting our true nature into the world. With a powerful eighth chakra we automatically filter negative influences and feel strong, healthy, vibrant. When the aura is weak, we seem vulnerable to everything around us like germs, attitudes, emotions and we feel sickly, shrunken, dim. Read more…
Practised regularly the Magnetic Field Meditation makes you 84 times stronger as you harmonize with the magnetic field of the earth. It will also help digestion and elimination and give you peace and joy.
How to do it:
Sit in rock pose. Pull chin in slightly.
Eyes 9/10 closed focused on the tip of the nose.
Long deep breathing in and out through the nose.
Arms out to the sides, palms down. Try not to hunch the shoulders up. Relax the shoulders down.
The arms will start to ache and burn. Welcome the pain and just throw your negativity, worries, fears and anger into that little bonfire of your arms. Breathe long and deep into where it´s hurting.
Inhale. Hold the breath at the top. Squeeze the rootlock. Pull the chin in. Focus at the 3rd eye. Exhale. Release the arms down. Rest the hands palm facing up on the knees. Take som deep breaths and enjoy the sensation that comes. The release of endorphines into the system. Focus at the 3 rd eye. Take some deep breaths in and out through the nose. Let the energy settle. Put your hands in Gyan mudra. Sit quietly and absorb the vibration and enjoy being in the present moment. Inhale and exhale.
11 minutes. Work your way up to 11 minutes. You can start with 3 minutes, then 7 minutes and finally 11 minutes.
Music used during class at Hagabadet 9th of April 2015
No Resistance – Dissolve Blocks – Aad Sach Jugaad Sach – Satkirin Kaur Khalsa
Guru Guru Wahe Guru – Gurudass
Har Har Gobinde – Ram Singh
Adi Shakti – Trevor Pritam Hari
Gobinde – The Preserver (Gayatri Mantra) – Canda & Guru Atman
Har Gobind Mahan He – Gurudass
Gobinday Mukunday – Satkirin Kaur Khalsa
Patience Pays – SSS Harbhajan Singh Khalsa Yogiji
Har Gobinday (Meditation) – Gurunam
Wahe Guru – Connection and Deep Ecstasy – Mirabai Ceiba
Mangla Charan – Anhad